Via. Chi Renovations
"Merchandising" Your Space for Buyers
Looking to sell your home for faster and for more money? Keep Reading...
We want buyers to make the transition of logically deciding to visit your home (because it fits their size/location criteria) to emotionally “seeing themselves and their family living in your home” since we know that this transition is what will provide you with offers!
Not all buyers may even entertain, BUT they ALL envision a lifestyle of entertaining…interesting isn’t it? What people do and what they actually dream of doing are two very different things. We want to create spaces that buyers can dream of or “aspire to” and position those spaces to your buyer demographic. The below chart helps you to creatively view the differences between the “vision” we are trying to create for buyers who walk through your home and the way we typically live!
Remember! We need to put on our most critical Buyers Eyes, in order to market and merchandise your most valuable product! Do not be self-conscious since people do not and should not live in “staged homes!” That’s the beauty of redecorating and redesign!
BUYER ASPIRATION CHEAT SHEET
Buyers Aspire to:
- Expensive things like paintings, wood, silver and glass
- New and modern things that signify fresh and clean “updated décor”
- Trends that are timeless
- The good life of travel, entertaining friends, gourmet cooking, wine tasting, espresso drinking and a luxurious, leisurely lifestyle
- Electronically savvy (Think flat screens, surround sound and laptops)
- Light and Spacious surroundings
- Harmonious and updated color combinations
Buyers do not Aspire to:
- Cheap things like plastics, particle board or aluminum
- Old and dated items that signify tired and dirty
- Fads that are tiresome
- The boring life of 8 to 5, dreary, plain, vanilla and uninspiring. (Notice this is usually how many agents stage by getting rid of any traces of life or décor)
- Electronically last century (Tube TV’s, wires galore and big stereo speakers)
- Dark and Cluttered spaces
- Clashing, non-rhythmic, half-hearted color choices done on the fly
Hands On Exercise – Grab one of your favorite home magazines or catalogs and flip through the pages. You will see that every photo is “visually merchandised” to create a longing in the viewer. We want to create that same merchandising vision in every room of your home!